Outlook 2016 "open in new window" doesn't remember size

Anonymous
2018-09-15T16:41:11+00:00

Hi Everyone,

since yesterday my Outlook 2016 via Office 365 (64bit Version 1808 Build 10730.20102) does not remember the size of a new window opened -> e.g. Calendar or Tasks.

Everytime I resize it, close it and reopen it, it will open in a smaller Window on the wrong postion.

I have rebooted, started in Outlook in safe mode, disabled all Add-Ins and also reinstalled Office ... nothing helped.

This is really annoying and I need a fix for this.

Example:

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-19T09:09:15+00:00

    Hi Andy,

    Thank you for your patience. I have done some testing in both Version 1808 Build 10730.20102 64/32 bit and other older version of Outlook, I can reproduce this issue as yours. As it always like this, I would suggest you please visit the link  Outlook UserVoice forum to submit your feedback. The relate Outlook team is actively monitoring this forum. 

    Your time and understanding will be highly appreciated.

    Best regards,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-18T10:39:57+00:00

    Hi Andy,

    Thank you for updating the details. About your question, I need more time to do some tests in my side and I will update with you in three working days. Thank you for your understanding.

    Regards,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-17T11:20:38+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

    now I have the exact same issue on my other computer on Windows 10 with Outlook 2016 from Office 365 (64bit Version 1808 Build 10730.20088).

    Updated to latest build, but the issue stays (as expected -> same build now on both computers).

    This is either an Windows 10 issue caused by some Windows Update that happened or an Office 365 bug.... 

    Anyway … please fix this asap … 

    Thanks

    Cheers Andy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-15T17:34:01+00:00

    Hello AM artino,

    Thanks for posting here.

    Please try to resetting the Scale and layout in display's settings, using the recommended:

    Looking forward to your update.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-09-15T17:09:52+00:00

    Hi Diane,

    glad to know I am not the only one.

    Weird thing is that everything worked yesterday afternoon.

    Resumed working in the evening and the issue was there.

    All the usual tricks found on the web did not help. Everyhing else I tried didn*t either.

    Keep me posted on what the product team says to this.

    Thanks

    Cheers Andy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments