Outlook iOS App - Font & Line Spacing Issues

Anonymous
2018-12-11T11:06:52+00:00

I'm using the Microsoft Outlook for iOS v3.1.0 on iPhone 7

The issue I'm facing is that for all newly composed emails and replies, the message gets sent with a line spacing of 1.5 lines and Font as 'HelveticaNeue'

This messes up the previous inline messages as well, with the entire message thread getting updated with a Line Spacing of 1.5 lines!

How can I prevent Outlook from doing that and set the message to be sent with Calibri font and line spacing as 'Single' by default?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-13T21:38:32+00:00

    I have a user who just reported this issue as well. 

    Microsoft, we all would greatly appreciate an update and fix for this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-30T17:50:48+00:00

    Nope, no luck or progress in this issue getting fixed. There have been several updates to the Outlook iOS App and even Apple iOS has been upgraded to 13.1.1 since but this issue remains.....

    I've seen some iOS users adding a note below their signature, saying 'Sent from Outlook on iOS. Excuse any typos or line spacing issues'

    Users I have spoken with have said they dropped a  note to Support via the app but they keep getting template responses with no clear indication of when/if the issue would be fixed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-07-23T13:35:01+00:00

    I don't see it noted elsewhere, but in case it's helpful to anybody we have found this issue applies when sending from iOS Outlook app and reading in Windows Outlook (365 in our case). Sending or reading with other applications seems OK, and opening the received source code in Word exhibits this same issue.

    The sent mail on my iPhone looks OK without any of the Helvetica font or 1.5 line spacing. And even users who read the *first* email on their iPhone or Android devices do not see this issue (the first time)

    But if someone from Desktop Outlook (Windows & Mac) or even Outlook Web replies to that mail, their reply content is fine but the original email displays with the font & line spacing issue for all users - desktop & mobile alike

    to put it succinctly, any involvement of desktop Outlook s***ws up the whole email :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-07-23T13:16:07+00:00

    I don't see it noted elsewhere, but in case it's helpful to anybody we have found this issue applies when sending from iOS Outlook app and reading in Windows Outlook (365 in our case). Sending or reading with other applications seems OK, and opening the received source code in Word exhibits this same issue.

    I haven't been able to do anything about this, inserting style formatting helps browser rendering but doesn't appear to affect Outlook/Word. Seems like it's rendering the first style it comes across and ignores anything after.

    Actually, if I add a line height to each tag this helps with the appended signature, but I don't have the ability to do this with message text.

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-06-12T11:13:46+00:00

    Also having the same problem, very frustrating. Any update from Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments