Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
idk, but just maybe someone is getting a kickback
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am getting as many as 50 emails a day from appspot.com
the emails come in many forms - examples:
***and many other versions
I have been blocking them, but think I have reached my limit of blocked senders
MS support states you can have up to 1,024 addresses or domains in the blocked senders and safe senders lists
I have diligently been reporting them as phishing & blocking them daily - but seems there is no remedy?
***is there anything I can do to stop these emails from coming in?
Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
idk, but just maybe someone is getting a kickback
"dose not exist" *
oops
It is to bad that something like (If address contains "n" burn it in the delete pile.) (n=.appspot.com)
@lkglorg.appspot.com < burn baby burn
I’m assuming your issue is that the appspot.com emails are cluttering up your Junk Mail folder. If so:
I actually discovered that creating an “appspot.com” “Safe Domain” for Junk Mail does in fact route nearly all of the appspot.com Junk mail to my Inbox. You need to route these “Junk” emails to your Inbox because Microsoft doesn’t provide Junk email rules similar to the Inbox rules. (Sometimes it takes Outlook a day or two for the Safe Domain to work.) Then I created an Inbox rule to DELETE all “appspot.com” emails.
This approach gets rid of nearly all Junk appspot.com emails. However, there are still some appspot.com emails that get placed in the Junk folder. In that case, you need to create a “Safe Domain” for Junk mail for that specific email address. An example is “redirect10122019.appspot.com”.
Another big issue I’m now encountering are emails coming from “Support@????????.de”. Looks like there is a random character generator that places characters where the question marks are in my example. There doesn’t appear to be any way to create a Junk email Safe Domain for this pattern. MICROSOFT - PLEASE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!!!!!
In the meantime, I suggest everyone who is getting this garbage, to please report them as phishing emails to Microsoft. It may help wake them up - coffee certainly doesn’t seem to be working!
The Dating spammers can easily get around a rule in Hotmail by bombarding you with up to 8 spam emails at a time. From what i've been able to see, rules in Hotmail only work if one email is sent at a time. If two or more spam emails are sent at once, the second and subsequent emails arrive in your Inbox unimpeded. That's what's happening to me right now. I've created rules to re-direct problem domain names to Govt spam reporting services, but because they're getting around that by bombarding my email address, the rules simply don't work and you're back to manually clearing hundreds of spam from your Inbox every day.
I've blocked them multiple times but they seem to have a random number e-mail generator ! I'm getting 300+ a day ! What can I do ?