how to remove unwanted categories in outlook 2016

Anonymous
2018-09-08T13:49:35+00:00

I have a long list with automatically created categories in outlook calendar (“weather 20141”, “weather 21000”, ….) which I want to remove from that list but I can’t?  

When I open the list with categories (which I can only do if I first select an appointment), select the categories that I want to remove and click on delete, he asks me whether I am sure and if I confirm they are NOT removed? 

I have been searching on the internet for a solution and somebody mentions the “tag” group under the “home” tab but I do not have that group either?  

Who knows how to get rid of these categories (that have never been assigned to any of my appointments) that blur the overview of my list with personal categories ?

(I am using windows 10 and outlook 2016)

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-02T11:15:15+00:00

Unfortunately, it has started again, see screenshot below. I can delete them now without problems as I have not added all add-ins that were linked to my outlook calendar before. So the problem that I could not remove them clearly had to do with some of the add-ins but I do not have time to add them one by one to find out which one it was.

I believe I have also found where the problem came from and I am trying the solution given on https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/calendar/mlu8O7Vtxt0.

It seems to be a known problem in google...

Hope this helps to get rid of the extra categories permanently...

Martina

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-19T22:17:04+00:00

    Hi MarVdb,

    Can you upload your screenshots for further checking?

    Thanks,

    Iry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-17T22:49:39+00:00

    Hi MarVdb,

    Please upload your screenshots in the forum as following capture (Choose File and Upload):

    If you still cannot upload, I have sent you a Private Message (click your profile and the click View private messages), you can upload your pictures in the link.

    Thanks,

    Iry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-17T10:52:19+00:00

    Hi, I am completely puzzled so I do hope you can help me out.

    In webmail I cannot see any categories (there is no coloring in my calendar at all). I wanted to include a printscreen but I do not know how to include a picture here. Can I have your email address to send the pictures to you?

    I would like to send you also a printscreen of my exchange calendar with the colored categories and a view on my taskbar where no "categories" or "tags" is included unless I select an appointment...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-16T16:55:16+00:00

    Hi MarVdb,

    May I know if you are using Office 365 for Business account? The capture I provided is the webmail for Office 365 for Business account. If you are not using Office 365 for Business account, it's better to contact the related webmail provider for further assistance (delete it from server). If you are using Office 365 for Business account and cannot see the Categories as my screenshot shows, please take a screenshot about how it shows on your side.

    For deleting category in Outlook client,  please click the Categorize under Tags as the screenshot in my first reply, if you cannot see it, please also provide us a screenshot about how it shows on your side. Besides, generally, when you right click a message or calendar, you should see the option as the same as the Categorize under Tags, it not just remove the category of the message or calendar but the category itself:

    And please check if you can delete the categories you created in Outlook client and let us know the result.

    Thanks,

    Iry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments