Can't edit the notes in Contacts in Outlook 365

Anonymous
2019-01-22T11:12:35+00:00

Hello,

I have the strange behaviour that I can't edit some of mine existing notes in my Contacts.

I have several existing contacts (View = Card but I dont think it matters, because in other view it also won't work) with some notes, sometimes I can edit the notes in a contact and there are other Contacts where I can't edit the notes. All the other fields I can edit.

Any idea what to do?

Kind regards,

Bianca

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-02-01T22:33:12+00:00

We posted a known issue article to track status, https://support.office.com/en-us/article/can-t-edit-the-notes-field-for-a-contact-fb8394ce-04ce-48b5-bae4-be46f77f10fe?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US.  

The Outlook Team found the root cause of the issue.  It has to do with the way Outlook handles that field if the contact has the PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS property.  The only workaround for existing contacts today is to use MFCMAPIto remove the PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS property.

As part of the investigation the product team is trying to understand what could be setting that property.  Maybe it is an add-in or other solution.  If anyone sees the message header being added and knows what it setting it please let me know.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-09T20:08:35+00:00

    Running a local install of O365 and Outlook is at 1904-11601.20144.  Unfortunately, still unable to update the Notes section of a number of records.  I'll look to complete the Export/Import method or use OutlookSpy to resolve.  Thank you.  Zipper

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-08T19:27:47+00:00

    I have upgraded to 1904 Build 11601-20144, but still cannot edit the Notes fields in some contacts and calendar appointments.  Specifically, these are public folder Contacts, and appointments in a mail-enabled public folder calendar (it's Exchange 2010).  Is there something more I need to do to get this working?  Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-01T09:05:39+00:00

    Thank you. This update today (Ver1904 Build 11601.20144) seems to be having the desired effect. I have tested 6 of my 'old' contacts which were previously not editable. Now they can be edited and saved.

    Well done.

    Warren

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-30T19:14:25+00:00

    The build that is supposed to have the fix is now available for Monthly Channel, Version 1904 Build 11601.20144.  To install the update click File, Office Account, Update Options, Update Now.  The fix for the other channels and for MSI/perpetual versions will follow soon in upcoming updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments