Outlook Customer Manager is to retire, what replaces it?

Anonymous
2019-11-09T09:25:01+00:00

What replaces Customer Manger?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-14T15:25:31+00:00

OCM will not be replaced but Microsoft will recommend customers to use Nimble, https://www.nimble.com/ocm-migration/.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-24T10:00:53+00:00

    All the best!

    C.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-15T07:19:12+00:00

    Hi Ed Outlook it self is not retiring. It is only the addon called Outlook Custommer Manager that is retiring, and it takes an extra license to use. I expect it is not something that is challenging your use of Outlook. 

    I hope Outlook will be “Stay, stay, stay, stay, staying alive”!🕺��🕺��🕺��🕺��🕺��🕺��🕺��

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-27T16:27:17+00:00

    OCM will not be replaced but Microsoft will recommend customers to use Nimble, https://www.nimble.com/ocm-migration/.  

    I've just spent two full weeks evaluating Nimble, HubSpot, Apptivo, and ACT! None of them is very good, all are going to require extensive time to bring up to speed, and all cost quite a bit of money on a monthly basis. And, frankly, none of them are as good as Outlook 2010, with the Activities Tab and linked Contact field on tasks. They have been dumbing down Outlook since 2010 and it's maddening.

    Nimble will not import active or legacy deals. Unless you are starting only with new deals from scratch, you will bang your head against the wall repeatedly over this point. HubSpot will import everything, but it will take multiple rounds of importing, after cleaning up in Excel, and you may still be unhappy with the results. I spent the most time on HubSpot but realized it doesn't let you do the ONE thing I really want out of any CRM, which is send an email to every prospect considering a project AT ONCE. At least, not without upgrading to a much higher service level that makes no sense for a company my size.

    But the reason I wanted to respond to this thread is that at one point I actually got someone from Microsoft on the phone and he shared an interesting piece of information: He said they were dumbing down Outlook because they realized features like Activities and linking had value to customers and they wanted to move those customers to Microsoft's CRM. And he didn't with "Why are you so stupid?" tone of voice.

    So, there you go. The reason they removed the Activities tab and other elements from Outlook so that they could sell you those features in Dynamics CRM.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-11-09T11:21:55+00:00

    Hi Patrick,

    It is really my pleasure to reply to you post here. 

    Honestly speaking, it astonished me while I got your post as I have never heard that the Outlook Customer Manager is to retire. So would you please instruct me with any information (like official article, blog?) about this news so that I can re-confirm it? 

    Regards,

    Alan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments