How can I clear email-address from Search field for Outlook People?

Anonymous
2019-08-06T18:11:57+00:00

I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-07T09:55:51+00:00

    Microsoft / Outlook / Hotmail are just not listening to their customers anymore or they would have fixed this issue yonks ago!

    I still have 2 Hotmail accounts but do most of my emailing on Google mail/gmail these days as they offer real accurate Contacts and no junk mail ...ever!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-07T08:30:13+00:00

    Have similar issue with trying to clear rejected emails from OUTLOOK. 

    Seems that many of my advocacy contacts have changed jobs, emails, or some have passed...also family and friends.

    When I add them from the assist email listing and they reject...attempts to delete the email seem to fail.

    HOW DO I DELETE EMAIL FROM MY CONTACTS?

    Thank you...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T17:22:02+00:00

    This doesn't work in every instance. I have an old email I want to expunge. When I enter the first several characters, it brings up the current email addresses and the one obsolete one. While the emails under the heading "Recent People" have an x next to each choice, there's an "other suggestions" set of email choices, including the one I want to delete. None of these have an x next to the name. Please advise; thanks -- Dan Lewis

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-21T22:06:23+00:00

    Sorry, I just realized that only my newer devices (Galaxy s10 phone, etc, not my s2 tablet) have a trash folder. When you open up the Contacts, there are 3 lines at the top left. You click on that and there is a trash link and if you click on that, you can open it and empty it from there. I hope this helps you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more