Birthdays Disappearing From Outlook.com Calendar

Anonymous
2015-01-06T01:57:11+00:00

I have been having the same trouble with the Outlook.com birthday calendar that many users have reported.  I just wanted to add my findings to the discussion.  Here are some details that might be helpful

  1. All the contacts listed in "People" for which I know their birthday have their birthday listed as Other Information.  I only use month and day, not the year as I don't ask for this. (some people are sensitive about their age)
  2. In the past this has worked fine.
  3. Recently, about 2 months ago, I noted that birthdays had disappeared from the calendar.  I added back the missing birthdays and verified these against an address book I have for a card site I subscribe too.  Both the People listing and my card Address book were identical for people with birthdays
  4. I again discovered a problem beginning with January 2015.  All of the previous entries for that month were now gone!
  5. I checked through all months of the calendar and 37 of 47 birthday entries were now missing.
  6. I decided to re-enter every birthday manually, using by Clicking on "New" in the calendar display and selection "Birthday" from the drop down dialogue box.
  7. I manually re-entered all 47 birthdays that way.
  8. I verified each month after this was done and every birthday I entered was displayed.
  9. About an hour later I checked again and all the birthdays were there.
  10. Five hours later only 10 of the birthdays displayed.

11.I went back to the People option and decided to see what would happen if I elected to clean up contacts.

  1. For each of the people that I had manually entered a birthday, a second contact appeared in my People list, with only the name and the birthday.
  2. I elected not to clean up the contact list at this time
  3. I refreshed the birthday calendar three times.  On the second attempt to refresh, I removed the calendar item.  I was originally using the little birthday cake.
  4. The refresh had absolutely no effect on the calendar display.
  5. I am going to look back tomorrow and if the birthdays are still not displayed I will delete the birthday calendar and in three days I will recreate it to see if any of the birthdays sync from my people's list.  Before I do that I will delete the duplicate contact created by the manual addition of the birthdays that I did today.
  6. I only offer this information in an attempt to solve this bug.  Its obvious from the posts that many people are pretty ticked off by the lack of action in resolving this issue.
  7. Its rather sad that you can't rely on the outloook.com calendar any more.  If there has been a solution, I  would appreciate knowing it.
  8. FYI I do not use any social networking sites, so I have no other birthday data stored anywhere else.
Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-13T17:43:24+00:00

    Hi,

    I apologize for the delay in response.

    I have sent you a Private Message requesting for few details, please reply with the necessary details.

    To see the Private Message, follow these steps

    Please log on to answers website and provide us the details in the private message itself.

    You can view the private message section by

    (1) Clicking the red link above your post

    or

    (2) Clicking on   link.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-13T15:57:42+00:00

    Hello Brian,

    Perhaps with your experience you can clarify a few things for me.  I have read through a number of threads on the birthday issue and I am confused over two terms that are used in the threads: 'synchronization' of the calendar and 'refreshing' the calendar.  The term 'Refresh' occurs in the Calendar Settings page.  I have pasted a copy below.  Can you answer the questions that follow the image please.

    Questions Related to Above Image:

    1. Should there be a Date and Time BESIDE THE WORDS ‘Last Refreshed’ or is the date and time BELOW the words (January 12, 2015 10:02 in this image) that actual Date and Time the calendar was refreshed?
    2. Is synchronizing the calendar the same as ‘refreshing’ the calendar or are these two different activities.  If they are two different activities can you please explain what each does?
    3. I do not use any of the social networks, or skype but a few of my contacts subscribe to skype.  In the People Hub record their contact information contains information about skype.  I did not put it there, How did it get there?  Does the synchronization activity add this information about Skype to their People Hub record?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-13T04:52:44+00:00

    Take heart Ataemonus, we just have to keep the pressure up.   I opened the new thread where I am going to continue to report what happens to my calendar until we get some answers.  I have asked a question about the Refresh Date in the Calendar Option page.  I am hoping to hear something tomorrow.

    BruceZ

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-13T02:10:50+00:00

    I have sent a link to this thread to a contact I have on the Outlook.com team.

    I think they do not care, I have the same problems, I opened a topic here and not even a reply from any support person in like 3 days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-01-12T23:19:12+00:00

    Hello Brian

    Thank you very much.  I look forward to hearing more.

    BruceZ

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments