Can't see shared calendar of coworker

Anonymous
2017-05-19T08:34:51+00:00

We recently switched to Office 356. Among coworkers we want to share our calendars. I can see the calendar of every coworker except one and we have no clue why.

Here is what everyone of us did:

  1. Open office 356 in the web browser and select Calendar
  2. Click on Share
  3. Type the email of the coworker, in this case mine, permission are the default values (can view all details)
  4. hit send

I receive the email in Outlook and hit the blue "accept" button. After the spinner disappears it the button is "view calendar". Nothing happens if I click this button. The coworker does not appear in my shared calendars.

The strange thing is only this combination does not work. My coworker can see my calendar but I can't see hers. This whole procedure works with every other coworker. Only this combination does not work.

We are both using Macs if that is important. We use the Calendar App on Mac to see each others calendars but her calendar does not appear there. Does not appear in the Office 356 calendar web app either so I am not suprised.

Additionally I am the only one in the office with the locale set to US on my mac. Keyboard, language, etc. Everyone else is using German.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-02T09:08:26+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Thanks for you quickly reply. I have checked your account in my side, the configure is right. Given this situation,  I suggest you try using Calendar Publishing to check if the coworker can be seen under the Other calendars. Please follow the steps below: 

    1. Sign in with your work account at OWA.
    2. Go to Settings > Calendar > Shared calendars > Calendar publishing.
    3. Select a calendar, and then select Full details permissions .

    4.Click Save. You can see two links liked the screenshot below:

    1. Copy the HTML link, and then in the Calendar panel, right-click the Other Calendars, choose Open calendar. On the pop-up window, paste the link in Internet calendar, and then click Open. Check if the issue persists.

    Meanwhile, you also can try testing the ICS link in iCalendar app on your Mac. If the issue persists, please provide the two links for us via the private message.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-01T14:19:28+00:00

    On its way

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-01T12:53:07+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    At the current stage, we would like to collect the following information for further investigation.

    1. The tenant information.

    a. The tenant domain information like contoso.onmicrosoft.com

    b. Global administrator's email address and display name.

    c. The contactable email address of your global admin. 

    Please provide the information in the private message.

    1. The Version of your OWA. You can follow the following way to find out.

    a. In IE browserLog into your OWA : https://outlook.office365.com/owa

    b. right-click the blank place-> choose View source.

    1. in the content label, check the version. For example:

     content="https://r1.res.office365.com/owa/prem/16.1789.4.2313861/resources/images/0/owa_browserpinnedtile.png"/>

    Thanks,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-05-31T12:33:14+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Thanks for the update. However, I would like to confirm the following information to determine whether it is a specific Calendar or client side issue.

    Which browser are you using? Is it latest updated? Please provide with the detailed information about this.

    I tried with Chrome 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit) and Firefox 53.0.3 (64-bit)

    Is it she shared her Primary calendar or else?

    She tries to share her primary calendar.

    When you say “I receive the email in Outlook and hit the blue "accept" button. After the spinner disappears it the button is "view calendar". Nothing happens if I click this button. ” may I know whether you have try to check this issue via using different browsers such as *(latest Incognito window in Chrome or InPrivate Firefox window )*to see whether the problem still occurs. 

    I tried with Chrome and Firefox. The behaviour is the same.

    Have you tried to check this issue via re-sharing her Calendar?

    She shared her calendar with me several times without success.

    Moreover, if you still have problem then please try to troubleshoot this issue via using different Mac (e.g. any non-problematic colleague’s Mac) to determine whether it can be reproduced.

    My colleagues all use Macs. She can share her calendar with them without problems. The only difference from my Mac to their is that I use the locale EN_US and my Mac has a US keyboard.

    Best regards,

    Shyamal

    Thanks Shymal for investigating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-05-31T12:25:35+00:00

    She just tried to share her calender with the e-mail you provided. We still end up with a error message. Server timeout or something. (it is in German)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments