Can't see shared calendar of coworker

Anonymous
2017-05-19T08:34:51+00:00

We recently switched to Office 356. Among coworkers we want to share our calendars. I can see the calendar of every coworker except one and we have no clue why.

Here is what everyone of us did:

  1. Open office 356 in the web browser and select Calendar
  2. Click on Share
  3. Type the email of the coworker, in this case mine, permission are the default values (can view all details)
  4. hit send

I receive the email in Outlook and hit the blue "accept" button. After the spinner disappears it the button is "view calendar". Nothing happens if I click this button. The coworker does not appear in my shared calendars.

The strange thing is only this combination does not work. My coworker can see my calendar but I can't see hers. This whole procedure works with every other coworker. Only this combination does not work.

We are both using Macs if that is important. We use the Calendar App on Mac to see each others calendars but her calendar does not appear there. Does not appear in the Office 356 calendar web app either so I am not suprised.

Additionally I am the only one in the office with the locale set to US on my mac. Keyboard, language, etc. Everyone else is using German.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Robert Sparnaaij [MVP] 18,406 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2017-05-19T11:47:03+00:00

    In Outlook on the Web, when you right-click on "Your calendars" (in the Navigation Pane) and choose "Open calendar" and fill in the name of your coworker in the "From directory" field, can you open it then? If not, which error do you get?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-05-19T12:19:30+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Do you mean you can’t see one coworker’s shared calendar but her can see your shared calendar, both in Outlook for Mac client and on Outlook Web App (OWA) ? If so, you may not share the calendar successfully. So, please let your partner share it with you again.

    Meanwhile, you also can add her calendar to your calendar view and check if the issue persists. Here is the article see under add another person’s calendar to my calendar view part**:** https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-your-calendar-in-Outlook-on-the-web-for-business-7ecef8ae-139c-40d9-bae2-a23977ee58d5

    If the issue persists, we’d like to collect some information for further troubleshooting:

    1. Can other users see her shared calendar?
    2. The screenshot about “After the spinner disappears it the button is "view calendar”.
    3. The version of the Outlook for Mac and Mac OS.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-05-19T12:03:51+00:00

    Hi Robert,

    thanks for helping me out. Yes, you are right. If I right click my calendars, choose "Open calender", in the input field "from directory" enter her name she shows up and I can add her. All her calendar events are visible! Big Thanks!

    However all my other colleagues are in "Other calendars" not in "Your calendars". How did that happen? It is not a big problem but now my Calendar App on mac os does not show her. I think it only lists the contacts in "Other calendars" and my own in "Your calendars".

    I tried to add her in "Other calenders" the same way you described. Does not work. I can find her in "From directory", select her, but once I press "Open" she is not listed. No error message pops up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-05-20T08:19:25+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    For this issue, I suggest you let she create a new calendar to try again. Meanwhile,  I will send you a test email address, can you let your coworker shared a calendar with me, I will test in my side.

    Moreover, which version of your Mac OS and the subscription plan of your Office 365 account?

    I have sent you a test email via  private message.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-05-19T12:49:46+00:00

    Hello Rudy,

    yes, in OWA she can see my calendar but I can't see hers. My other coworkers can see her calendar, too. Just not working on my end. We tried several times with no success.

    In your link step 3. of the paragraph "Add another person's calendar to my calendar view" shows no error message, completes, but does not add the calendar to "Other calendars". It does work in "Your calendars".

    Once calendars are in "Other calendars" they show up in Calendar App (9.0) on mac os sierra.

    All other coworkers show up in "Other calendars". Her calendar only shows up in "Your calendar".

    Here is the screenshot. I was talking about the button "Accept" in the mail from my coworker.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments