Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
So, nearly two years later and this feature which is standard on nearly every other platform is still not implemented?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Is there a way to have contact pictures sync to Outlook.com Contacts/People? When I use the hotmail connector sync my contacts from Desktop Outlook, the cantacts show in Outlook.com, but without the photos. When I have my phone contacts download from Outlook.com there are no photos shown on the phone. If I assign a photo to a contact on the phone, it does not sync back to outlook.com.
I switched from google to outlook.com, but may have to switch back if I cant find a way to fix the outlook.com contact photos. This worked fine on GMail.
Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
So, nearly two years later and this feature which is standard on nearly every other platform is still not implemented?
Yes, Winphone 8 will also display images you've added through the People app, which is how I do it.
So that's good, yet those still don't sync back to Outlook 2013 or Outlook.com, so still a bifurcated experience to some degree. The People App, Outlook.com, Windows Phone 8 and Outlook 2013 should all be getting their images from the same source if the user overrides the default social network photos and adds their own.
Interestingly enough, Mail and Contacts on iOS also syncs my contact photos from Win 8.1. Yet, Outlook 2013 still doesn't.
Couldn't agree more.
I does however seem like Microsoft is finally fixing this.
I installed update 3 for my Windows phone 8 yesterday, and the images I save in Outlook 2013 will now show up on the phone and visa versa!
Still wont Work on Outlook.com person hub though :/
We all understand how to give suggestions and how to let everyone out there in the social media world know that apparently this is not an issue that MS is concerned with fixing. We continue to get responses about how MS knows what is going on and to go to such and such place and give a suggestion. This thread, if I am correct, has been going on for quite some time. If it takes this long for MS to figure out how to satisfy its customers in this situation, what about all the rest. MS development teams need to start getting with the program. There are other email and social providers out there that have the services we are all talking about; however, I think that people are really tying to give MS time because we want to stay with MS. The problem is, the track record is starting to show that MS really doesn't take its customers suggestions very seriously, or at least not in priority of whatever else they may be working on. Show us, those that want to stay loyal but are starting to find it too much work - that MS is SERIOUS about its customer satisfaction. Development team, get with it!!!!!
Hi vlsantos,
We are all aware about that. It's just that feature is not available in Outlook.com. You can visit to that link given by the moderator so you can suggest your thoughts and feedback about that.
Let me know if we can help with anything else.
Thank you.