How do I set my time zone in outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-04-10T00:52:43+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-11T02:02:09+00:00

Hi,

I am happy to help you with your concern. I understand that you want to change the Timezone of your account.

Usually, the time zone is automatically set after you have created your account and added your country detail. For some isolated cases you will need to change it manually to correct the time and date on the received emails.

  1. Go to this link: https://account.live.com
  2. Under "Overview", click Edit personal info.
  3. Under "Personal info", click the down arrow under the "Time zone" and then choose your preferred time zone.

If you have further clarifications, feel free to post back anytime.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-24T13:43:02+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Hello Everyone,

I want to let you know this issue has been recognized by the Outlook.com team. I have been informed they will attempt to resolve the issue in the next update to Outlook.com. I am unable to provide an exact date but I have been assured it is being worked on.

I appreciate everyone sending this up to us!

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-22T22:12:34+00:00

    Hi Amira,

    I've sent you a private message.

    Thanks for the fast response.

    Dan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-22T18:20:41+00:00

    Hi dp1985,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community forum.

    We apologize for the inconvenience the issue has caused you. As you mentioned, you have the time zone set but the emails are showing an hour earlier than they should. I am here to help you. We just need more detailed information to isolate the issue. Please provide the following information for further investigation.

    • Affected email address
    • Screen shot of the page that shows your location under the correct time zone settings.
    • Full message header of the emails that shows incorrect time.

    To get the full message header:

    1. Right click on the message (near the subject part within the message list.)
    2. Choose "View message source".
    3. You will be seeing a new window or tab containing the headers of that message and its content. Copy all its contents and include it in your response.

    To capture a screen shot:

    • For Vista/Windows 7: **Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots**

    • For XP: **Take a screen shot**

    • Mac Computers: Kindly refer to your computer’s help directory

    • For Windows 8: **Take a screen shot (print your screen)**

    Here are the steps to upload a screen shot:

    1. On the private area of the moderator's post, click Upload a File.
    2. Click Select.
    3. Navigate to where the file you want to upload is saved on your computer and click Submit.

    I've created a private message area where you can provide all the information asked above. Please click on "You have a private reply to this message" link just above your post to view the message. You need to be signed in to the Microsoft Community to view the link. Kindly reply here after responding so that we'll be notified immediately.

    Note to everyone: Please do not disclose any account specific information in public thread for security purposes.

    We will be waiting for your reply

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-22T03:41:05+00:00

    Hi Genreb

    I have the same problem, but for Mazatlan in Mexico. The area uses Mountain Time, but the mountain time is out by one hour. ie - all emails are showing one hour earlier than they should.

    As many previous users have mentioned, this is clearly a server side issue, all my PC settings are right, and the PC time is right. There is no correlation between Outlook.com and Windows time.

    Cheers

    Dan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments