How do I set my time zone in outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-04-10T00:52:43+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-11T02:02:09+00:00

Hi,

I am happy to help you with your concern. I understand that you want to change the Timezone of your account.

Usually, the time zone is automatically set after you have created your account and added your country detail. For some isolated cases you will need to change it manually to correct the time and date on the received emails.

  1. Go to this link: https://account.live.com
  2. Under "Overview", click Edit personal info.
  3. Under "Personal info", click the down arrow under the "Time zone" and then choose your preferred time zone.

If you have further clarifications, feel free to post back anytime.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-24T13:43:02+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Hello Everyone,

I want to let you know this issue has been recognized by the Outlook.com team. I have been informed they will attempt to resolve the issue in the next update to Outlook.com. I am unable to provide an exact date but I have been assured it is being worked on.

I appreciate everyone sending this up to us!

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-18T01:12:24+00:00

    I just discovered this solution. Changing the Country and Time Zone properties in outlook.com alone apparently does NOT help. Here's what should work:

    1. Navigate to calendar.live.com
    2. Click on Options menu in top right gear wheel menu
    3. About halfway down the page you'll see options for Reminder Time, Language and - voila - Time Zone
    4. Change the time zone to the right one
    5. Refresh outlook.com

    You should now see the right time zones. Weird, but that's what it is. Just to recap - you have to change the time zone in BOTH outlook.com and calendar.live.com.

    MSFT - Why is this so? You need to fix this ASAP!!

    Terry/Achilles Heal/others - Can you test this and report back?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-13T00:46:56+00:00

    Hi canadian user,

    I apologize for the late response. You mentioned that you are using Windows Live Mail. It is possible that your device is not properly set to the correct timezone. Please try to check and edit the timezone of your computer to ensure that this is not contributing to the issue.

    To adjust the timezone of your computer, click the displayed date on the taskbar of your computer and select Change date and time settings.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-11T02:08:51+00:00

    NO, this did not work.  I checked and the time zone was set to Saskatchewan.  However, SK does NOT have Daylight Savings Time, just like AZ does not.

    I had to set the time zone to Mountain Time to display the correct time in my Outlook.com account.

    Microsoft needs to look at and correct this issue.

    I'm sure that all SK and AZ users have this same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments