Why is Conversation View greyed out in Outlook.com Android App?

Anonymous
2013-10-16T17:42:17+00:00

I installed the Outlook.com app (version 7.8.2.12, build date 10 Oct 2013) on my Galaxy S3 and it is working well with the exception of conversation view.  When I go to Settings -> General Settings the option for Conversation View is unchecked and grayed out.  Does anybody have any insight as to why this may be and/or how to solve it?

Thanks.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-12T17:47:09+00:00

    Let me preface with the fact that having Lastpass Accessibility service enabled results in the Conversation view option being greyed out.

    Going into settings and disabling it, then going back to the Outlook app makes the Conversation view option toggle-able and threading works properly again.

    This similarly applies with the Talkback service.

    I'm not going to answer some of the questions I think are pointless. Problem happens on my Nexus 7 running stock Android 4.4.3 and Outlook v7.8.2.12.49.6434. As well as on my Nexus 4. Re-installing the app did not help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-12T14:29:31+00:00

    Hi everyone,

    We appreciate your efforts in bringing the issue to our attention.

    I understand that the Conversation View seem to be disabled on your Outlook.com app. Let us see how I can help.

    We would like to ask a few questions so we can isolate the issue that you are encountering. Please reply with the answers to the following questions:

    • Were you able to utilize this feature before? I mean, has the feature ever worked?

    • What was the last thing changed or added to mobile devices? Is the mobile device has never been modified?

    • What have you done to try correct the problem? 

    • What is the specific mobile device make/model and OS version?

    • What is the Outlook.com app version?

    Also, please provide screenshot that shows Conversation View is greyed out. For instructions on how to upload a screenshot, refer to the steps below.

    1. Click Reply button of the moderator’s post.
    2. Click Insert Image icon (found on the upper right hand corner of the reply box).
    3. Click Browse button next to the field provided.
    4. Navigate to where the file you want to upload is saved on your computer and click Upload.

    NOTE: These files contain personally identifiable information, such as your name and email address. Microsoft uses them to diagnose your issue. We do not use this information to contact you (outside of this issue) or market to you.

    The additional information you’ll provide will help us investigate the issue and facilitate our next actions.             

    We truly appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to resolve this issue.

    Regards,

    Jeffrey

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-11T10:02:33+00:00

    It is ridiculous that all Accessibility services need to be off for email threading to work. Disable services for the disabled to enable a simple feature in Microsoft's program. It will soon be a year since this issue was reported, hopefully they fix this ASAP!

    Agreed. I just downloaded the app for the first time, and conversation view was the first thing I checked on. Aaaand that brought me here lol.

    Hoping for a fix soon, without the accessibility compromise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-10T11:02:17+00:00

    It is ridiculous that all Accessibility services need to be off for email threading to work. Disable services for the disabled to enable a simple feature in Microsoft's program. It will soon be a year since this issue was reported, hopefully they fix this ASAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-17T16:44:08+00:00

    I have a Nexus 4 and I am having the same problem.  Accessibility services should not need to be disabled to use the Conversation view.  Please advise when the android app will be updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments