Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
I'm in the UK and also had this 'Microsoft bogus' email for the first today which caused me some panic
until I found this forum and other related sites on the net.
Logging into my http://account.live.com account I can see that my profile was 'changed' by
65.55.52.40
a Microsoft Corporation Server in Seattle at the exact same time I logged on.
I can't see any profile changes at all however in the account.
In addition to my Windows 8.1 laptop I've now got a Windows 8.1 smartphone (Nokia 630) which is also using my Microsoft account details and accessing hotmail (I've only had it a couple of weeks) - I wonder if this has something to do with the 'bogus' email ?
To put my mind at ease I'd like to see a Microsoft reply in this forum along the lines of ...
"Due to an internal configuration error within Microsoft, certain hotmail users may be receiving 'Profile Changed' warning emails with the IP address of the change being a Microsoft Seattle registered server address, even though no profile details have been modified on the account.
Microsoft engineers are currently working on a solution to this issue; until this is resolved please check your account for each 'Profile changed' email received and verify that it is an erroneous warning originating from one of the domain 65.55.52 servers based in Seattle"