I want my old hotmail look back!!!! ):

Anonymous
2012-09-13T21:50:09+00:00

I did not know that i changed my email from hotmail logo to outlook. I would like to change it back to the hotmail look please. Please help me!

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-29T05:41:29+00:00

Hi Everyone,

We apologize for the inconvenience if you didn't like the new Outlook interface and that you don't have the option to switch back to Hotmail interface.

I can only imagine how frustrating you are that the option was disabled. We always welcome useful ideas to improve services Microsoft offers to its customers. If you like, you can go to our feedback page and post it as  a suggestion.

You may also check this helpful article, **My Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.com** to have more ideas about the upgrade.

Note: This thread has been locked.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-20T15:53:35+00:00

    I'm afraid you are not able to return to the old page permanently. Microsoft is replacing Hotmail with Outlook, so eventually all Hotmail accounts are permanently migrated. If the option to return to Hotmail is not available in the settings menu, you are not able to return to Hotmail.

    I think you should see icons on the iPad also, but I'm not sure as I don't have an iPad myself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-20T15:34:43+00:00

    .....yesterday I was able to see the gear icon, and switched back, today it automatically put me back into this God awful outlook!!!!!,.....the worst invention/move they could have made!!!!!!!....who are these dumb geniuses anyway????.....are we able to permanently get the old page back or not?....does anyway out here know, and I'm on my iPad also, would this have anything to do with why there aren't icons at the top right?.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-11-18T12:20:45+00:00

    If you sign in to outlook.com by using your existing hotmail address and password, you can easily switch back to hotmail.

    BUT, Microsoft has replaced your old hotmail contacts window with a new one called People.

    People works very differently. You'll have to learn the new ays.

     

    Meanwhile here is how to go back to hotmail...

    open outlook.com > top right next to your name, click the Gear icon > select Switch back to Hotmail > click Skip > you will be directed back to your HotmaiL account

     

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-09-13T22:00:59+00:00

    If you sign in to outlook.com by using your existing hotmail address and password, you can easily switch back to hotmail.

    BUT, Microsoft has replaced your old hotmail contacts window with a new one called People.

    People works very differently. You'll have to learn the new ays.

    Meanwhile here is how to go back to hotmail...

    open outlook.com > top right next to your name, click the Gear icon > select Switch back to Hotmail > click Skip > you will be directed back to your HotmaiL account

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments