Why can't I change my profile picture on Outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-03-30T03:14:51+00:00

I noticed that my emails have a very old profile picture from back when I still used MSN messenger. However, whenever I click to change my profile pic in Outlook, it tells me I don't have a profile picture (and gives me the option of changing it). Even when I change it, my emails still have the old profile picture. Is there a way to change or remove the current profile picture?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-01T03:30:41+00:00

Huh, that's strange... You're absolutely sure it's not attached to anything? You MIGHT be able to find something under the Outlook settings (that cog on the top right), clicking More Mail Settings..., and hunting around there for a solution. 

Just to be sure there's no accounts or anything attached (I'm clinging to this since it's the only thing I know), you should take a quick look at the Content from third-party networks section, and toy with the settings there. More specifically, the 'Showing Public Content' area. Clicking Don't Show also helped me out.

You never know, it could help you. If you've already tried it, then.. yeah, I've got nothin.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-12T19:52:59+00:00

    Hi,

    Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

    Please post back if you need further assistance on Outlook.com, we will be happy to assist you.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-10T00:18:06+00:00

    Thank you to the person who said to go to Skype profile.  I changed my photo there, and it was changed in Outlook!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-09T19:13:55+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for sharing the information. It will help other community members who are facing the same issue.

    Please post back if you need any  assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments