Teams displays wrong email account after I have logged in.

Anonymous
2021-06-08T11:43:17+00:00

When I sign in to use Teams, I use an account named "******@mydomain.com". I use the Microsoft Authenticator to authenticate my identity. The login usually succeeds. I am using the Linux version of Teams. I am not accessing Teams in a browser.

After logging in to Teams, my account is displayed using a different email address, "******@somedomain.com". I do not know from where this other account comes, but I definitely want to remove all reference to it. How do I get rid of that erroneous reference to that account???

I should mention, too, that when someone invites me to a Teams meeting using "******@mydomain.com", the URL I receive never leads me to enter the meeting. I can log in to Teams using that URL, but I never see the meeting to which I have been invited.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-10T06:53:41+00:00

    I have checked the Azure Active Directory, with the following results:

    1. There is only one account listed
    2. Under the Profile tab, that account has a "User principal name" and an "Issuer" that appear to be derived from the correct email address
    3. Under Contact Info, the Email field is blank. However, the Alternate email field contains the correct email address

    In short, there is no evidence there of that wrong email address that I see in Teams. But, is the missing email address field an issue?

    As for the question about using Chat on the Windows platform, I am a bit confused by your reference to the "Profile Pic beside the chat message". I cannot start a chat unless I have someone with whom to chat. There is no one else in my organization. I tried entering someone I know to use Teams, but that did not work, as the message "Due to org policy changes, this chat is no longer available. Continue with Skype for Business". Briefly, I do not see how I can get a chat started so that I can click on the icon to see the email address.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-10T06:06:08+00:00

    Hi AmblyoMoron,

    Please be advised that as a community advisor, I don't have access to your personal account to check details in the backend. this is a Microsoft public peer-to-peer forum. I'm a fellow community advisor(not Microsoft) to help other community members with their issue.

    Now to look further into this issue.

    You mentioned that you could access your Windows computer, you could access your account. To check your email address on windows, go to Chat, start a chat and over on the Profile Pic beside chat message.

    Let me know if you see a different email address.

    I'm not sure if there has been any change to your email address from the Users in Azure AD. If you have access to your admin account, the one you used to sign up for MS Teams free organization:

    Go to https://portal.azure.com > Azure Active Directory > Users > Search for your name, click on it and check the email address property.

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-09T09:11:47+00:00

    The email address I used to sign up with Teams and the email address I use to start a Teams session are the same.

    The email address that appears in Teams after I am logged in, as in the image in the previous message, is something completely different.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-09T08:49:57+00:00

    To confirm. Is that email address you have used to sign up for MS Teams free or the one you want to connect with now?

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-09T08:45:20+00:00

    Here is a screenshot of the upper right corner of the screen after I click on the icon at the top right. Note that the same incorrect email address is also displayed when I log out and Teams indicates the account from which I intend to log out.

    I have the strong impression that my data in some Microsoft server is corrupted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments