This app package is not supported for installation by App Installer because it uses certain restricted capabilities.

Anonymous
2023-10-10T08:48:49+00:00

I tried to install MS teams for work but it failed, please tell me what could be the reason.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-12T08:04:44+00:00

Hi ,

Please follow this thread, i was able to install teams with help of response from @Sharon
Error caa5009d - Microsoft Q&A

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-19T13:54:23+00:00

    If you're unable to install it via the web search you can head unto your Microsoft 365 account login into teams from there then at the top right corner 3 dots menu, you'll see download desktop app and that's it.

    Below I'll attach screenshots of the process.

    Image

    THE PAGE ABOVE IS THE MS 365.

    Image

    THE ABOVE IMAGE IS AFTER SIGNING IN.

    Image

    ABOVE IS HOW IT LOOKS AFTER YOU'VE LOGIN INTO TEAMS AND THE TOP RIGHT CORNER WITH 3 DOTS AS EXPLAINED EARLIER THEN DOWNLOAD VIA THE CIRCLED PART.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T21:05:06+00:00

    AH!! This is what worked for me!! I was getting the same error about the package being restricted and all. I go to the Microsoft Store and searched for "App Installer".

    At the time it was "installing" (I guess it was updating itself). Once the install finished I was able to install Teams using the same executable that was giving me errors before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-18T00:00:20+00:00

    I'm having the same issue on a new PC from Dell. Windows 11 Pro. I've tried all of the mentioned suggestions with no resolution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T11:25:33+00:00

    Thanks for your response. Are you downloading from the Microsoft store app on your device?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments