This app package is not supported for installation by App Installer because it uses certain restricted capabilities.

Anonymous
2023-10-10T08:48:49+00:00

I tried to install MS teams for work but it failed, please tell me what could be the reason.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-12T08:04:44+00:00

Hi ,

Please follow this thread, i was able to install teams with help of response from @Sharon
Error caa5009d - Microsoft Q&A

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T22:31:47+00:00

    Hello I'm facing the same issue , the Personal Teams is Working but when i downloaded MS Teams Version for Work i facing the same issue while installing .

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-30T13:44:05+00:00

    The solution that worked for me was to Update the Microsoft App Installer through the Microsoft Store. It needed an update. After that, Teams For Business installed fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T13:29:51+00:00

    Happened to me today as well.

    I think someone screwed up at Microsoft and didn't think it through.

    I had to install Teams from Windows Store and then it worked as intended again...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T23:09:17+00:00

    It seems MS has screwed up signing of the package - I followed these steps after downloading the package and installing using powershell How to Fix "This App Package Is Not Supported for Installation" on Windows (makeuseof.com)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments