Conversations involving multiple participants, allowing collaboration and information sharing in Teams
I can't even start a new conversation (post) now, not in a browser not in the app. I can only reply to posts. MS please fix this
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.
Conversations involving multiple participants, allowing collaboration and information sharing in Teams
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I can't even start a new conversation (post) now, not in a browser not in the app. I can only reply to posts. MS please fix this
I have uninstalled new version of Microsoft Teams and installed old Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.2757 but still showing "Start a Post" in Teams channel instead of "New Conversation. can please help me I want the other version that says create conversation not post
I had this issue too at first, however I managed to get back the 'new conversation' again as default upon clearing the contents of %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams while the application was closed.
This has worked for me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I see it now even gives me the try new button now, but I will not be using that.
Apologies - Ignore the SUBJECT field. It will post without one, and look like a conversation - but still be unwieldy like a post.
Just ignore it.
I wish I could. Microsoft should back out this change. I see nothing that was improved by it and only the negative impact. If there is an improvement that anyone has seen, please let me know.
Just ignore it.