GIFs do not load on the new version of Teams. How can I fix that?

Anonymous
2024-03-04T13:28:43+00:00

When someone in the new Teams chat posts a GIF or a meme they are not loading. It may be a trivial thing but I feel like I can't fully comprehend what people are expressing in Teams because I can't see these things. What do I need to do to fix it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T20:25:06+00:00

    Hi Sarah, From what I can see, GIFs are sending but you aren't able to see them. Therefore, it's likely that your system administrator is blocking Giphy, which is the platform used to share GIFs within Teams. You'll have to contact someone within your organisation's IT department informing them about this and see if they can provide further information to verify if this is the case. One more suggestion I'd try is to access the Giphy site and see if GIFs load there, although even if they load, it might not be a conclusive sign that Giphy isn't blocked specifically on Teams: https://giphy.com/ Kind regards, nt1809 Note: if any of my responses have been of any use to you, I would greatly appreciate it if you could mark my response as helpful as your feedback would greatly benefit me in improving as an independent advisor, thank you!

    This worked for us. Thanks.

    Turned out the Giphy is getting blocked thru our firewall.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T19:23:30+00:00

    Report back from the engineer on our open case is that there are "multiple bug investigations on this issue." and that "Currently it appears that it should be resolved with a pending update that should apply by the end of the month."

    I have responded to the engineer with the suggestion that Microsoft provide a more comprehensive advisory or degradation of service notification on the Microsoft 365 Health Status feed so that customers can acknowledge that Microsoft is aware of the issue.

    I also have requested a more solid date for the release of the update.

    We'll see what they respond back with.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-04T14:25:55+00:00

    I do not have a Fun Stuff option to select in Teams Settings.

    I did clear Teams Cache like you described and now I can't open the new Teams chat at all. I am getting an error message saying Something Went wrong.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T16:12:43+00:00

    Hi Sarah, I hope you're doing well, sorry to hear you're still having issues with getting GIFs to appear on Teams.

    I'm not sure if the issue is specific to your Microsoft account or your Teams installation, so I think that would be a good place to start. Could you try opening the web version of Teams which can be found here and see if GIFs work there for you?

    https://teams.microsoft.com/

    Kind regards, nt1809

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-04T14:08:43+00:00

    Hi, Sarah. I am an independent advisor, trying to help other users in the Community with my experience in Microsoft products. Please note that I am a user like you and don't work directly for Microsoft.

    I am sorry you are experiencing this problem with Teams. I will try to help.

    Do you experience the same problem with GIFs when you use the web version?

    Now, I do not know what troubleshooting steps you have employed thus far, but I would suggest trying the following:

    "Quit the Teams app completely and then reopen it.

    Please ensure that your internet connectivity is stable.

    Allow Fun Stuff from Manage Team Settings

    You’ll find a Fun Stuff option in the Manage Team settings. That’s the place from where a team admin can disable the Giphy, stickers, memes, and custom memes. So, if the emojis or GIFs get stuck in the loading state, ask the team owner to allow or enable those features.

    Here are the steps to enable or allow Fun stuff from Manage Team settings:

    Go to Teams and select the three dots on the specific team. Choose Manage team from the list. click-manage-teams Select Settings > Fun stuff. Tick all the boxes for: Giphy Stickers and memes Custom memes

    Now, try sending an emoji or GIF from the chat box. I hope enabling those options will resolve the issue.

    Clear Teams Cache

    If Teams is still running, right-click the Teams icon in the taskbar, and then select Quit.

    Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo key + R

    In the Run dialog box, copy/paste:

    C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\MSTeams_8wekyb3d8bbwe

    Delete all files and folders in the directory.

    Restart Teams.

    You can also try to sign out and back in"

    https://10scopes.com/microsoft-teams-not-showing-gifs/

    DiSCLAIMER: This is a non-Microsoft site. The page seems to provide accurate and reliable information. Beware of advertisements on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted products). Please do thorough research on any product advertised on the site before downloading and installing it.

    Understand that I am an independent advisor and only trying to assist in the best possible way. Kindly let me know if the possible solutions provided help and if you need any other assistance, I will be more than happy to help further.

    Regards

    Femi

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments