GIFs do not load on the new version of Teams. How can I fix that?

Anonymous
2024-03-04T13:28:43+00:00

When someone in the new Teams chat posts a GIF or a meme they are not loading. It may be a trivial thing but I feel like I can't fully comprehend what people are expressing in Teams because I can't see these things. What do I need to do to fix it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T22:16:45+00:00

    I haven't seen it mentioned, but do you have the "Optional connected experiences" enabled in your Teams session?

    Settings - Privacy

    Optional connected experiences

    Enhance your Teams experience with cloud-backed services, including Giphy, URL Preview, and more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T16:57:05+00:00

    This is all I see when a GIF is posted in the chat.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T16:26:03+00:00

    People on my team have also reported the GIFs do not load when they switch to new Teams so it is not just me.

    I just opened teams on the web version and the same thing....GIFs did not load.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T08:19:44+00:00

    Found the solution: Under Settings -> Privacy -> Optional connected experiences must be activated.

    Holy moley, who came up with this name? What even is a connected experience? Geez, Microsoft... You really got more important things to do than to annoy Office subscribers with this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T21:49:35+00:00

    Users within our organization started to report the same issue today as well. It is odd as multiple users have the same version of Microsoft Teams, with each user seeing a different version of the GIF + Emoji + Stickers chat features.

    Old Version:

    New Version (Working):

    New Version (Missing GIFS + Stickers):

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments