I am having issues with the "New" Teams screen freezing on shared screen when users switch screens

Anonymous
2024-02-02T17:35:56+00:00

This issue happens everytime the person who is sharing the screen switches. Whenever the switch happens, the screen will freeze on the last image before the screen was switched to another user. The sound works still but the screen will stay frozen on that last image of the users screen. The only fix is to end Teams via task manager and it restarts the app and adds back to the call. This happens everytime the screen share is switched to another user. Not sporadic at all. The old Teams works fine but Teams keeps forcing me to the "New" Teams. This issue needs fixed. I have seen many other people online noting the same issue. I have updated all drivers and unistalled Teams and re-installed. Nothing fixes it. What is going on with this "New" Teams.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Screen sharing

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T00:53:51+00:00

    Hi there,

    This seems to have worked for me. I did not get the freezing issue after changing the firewall settings. I had to disable antivirus protection to change the firewall settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T13:34:10+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem. Some minor differences but yeah, same thing.

    A few more information:

    • I have tried the solutions in various support topics. That includes:
      • Cleaning up the app-data folder contents
      • Trying to force insert a registry value to disable GPU acceleration (I think that is the actual problem)
      • Of course, restarting, re installing re-blah blah.
    • I have a powerful machine. MSI Alpha17 C7V, AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX, 64GB of RAM, descent internet connection, BUT: I have had the patience to gradually turn on the task manager and check the resources. 0 spikes on any resource. Not SSD, not GPU, not CPU, not internet. None of these were highly occupied. Actually, not even 25%. Any of them.
    • The actual symptoms might not start from the beginning of the call but can come up later during a screen share. It is like the first call of the day is free for a while (just joking). Then, as soon as the lag starts, restarting teams or whatever doesn't work. Restarting the PC SOMETIMES works but for a very brief while. It seems completely random.
    • It SEEMS that this is related to the rendering mechanism because it happens both when someone is sharing their screen AND the PC still lags (but not that much) when I am going to the New MS Teams settings for my devices and scroll down to the camera. The PC does not freeze while the camera is open if I don't scroll down to it. I see the light on, but as long as it is not showing the actual camera image, the PC is fine. As soon as I scroll down to the image, the PC freezing happens again.
    • When there is screen sharing, the freezing is much worse.

    In that sense, I don't know, because I have seen various different experiences of freezing here.

    For me what happens is that the WHOLE screen becomes unresponsive. The entire PC is unusable and the screen changes every 10 seconds give or take a few seconds.

    I can still hear the sound, but the mouse and everything are completely unusable. I can use ALT+F4 to close the call and the system reverts to a working condition but of course, I need to close the call for this.

    All the above that I said, I had to really slow move the mouse or run commands and wait 8-14 seconds for the results to show on screen. Also, you cannot buffer the changes. It is not like you can press Win+R to start the command run, AND type the command AND press enter AND see the final screen after the 10 seconds. You have to to each step AND wait the thing to actually be done and then move to the next one.

    Classic teams says that it is going to stop on July in my organization and I don't know what will happen in meetings after that.

    Possibly, allowing to disable GPU acceleration will help.

    By the way, PC fully updated, latest windows, All drivers updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-21T02:18:02+00:00

    Same issue. Using the web app version too, so that isn't even an option.

    Screen Share freezes whenever any sort of big change on screen happens, like changing to another tab, or another application.

    Have tried sharing just application instead of entire screen, like others PC is way overspeced.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-06T10:04:39+00:00

    My Ms Teams is freezing every 5 minutes, I can't go back to classic teams because Microsoft have decided to disable it. This is absolutely unusable in its current state, it's kind of a joke

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-04T02:01:51+00:00

    We have the same issue too. Teams freezing and slows down laptop

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/teams-slowing-down-laptop-and-freezing-while/f152c704-482c-4a83-8d66-fe9aa7eeb70b

    Not able to find a solution for this. Many users are in embarrassing situation with the call getting struck repeatedly.

    Only shutting down the laptop and booting after 10-15 min resolves the issue and sometimes the issue repeats.

    Will check if lowering the refresh rate works not.

    Regards

    Ashok

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments