Teams chat no longer works for my organization on Android phones

Anonymous
2023-10-03T18:52:15+00:00

I'm an admin for my organization, and over the past few days I've been getting a lot of support complaints about Teams chat not working on Android phones. As of last week, it was working for me, so I suspected it was a phone specific problem. However, when I first opened the app today I noticed that all my chats and functionality suddenly disappeared. The only option available in the teams app seems to be calling.

I checked the org policies, and everything is correct. This looks to be a bug on the latest version of the app.

I managed to get to "activities" by trying to save a photo to the teams app, and when I bring this up it says "Administrator has disabled chat for this user." I'm the admin, and I certainly didn't do this. All policies under messaging allow for chat.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T11:00:25+00:00

    Check if you use shared devices license. If yes, it's by design.

    You have to switch licenses to teams phone standard.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T06:47:01+00:00

    So what is the status here Microsoft?

    Our whole organisation with over 300 mobile phones is stuck with teams on android with just calls enabled. Everything worked fine for years and then piece by piece over the last months every single android phone stopped working.

    How to solve this? Urgent! We have several tickets with Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T13:21:25+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T12:14:26+00:00

    It looks definitely like it's "by design"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T22:57:52+00:00

    Yeah, and we tested removing the license from an affected user and they weren’t able to sign into the Android Teams app at all. I have flagged this in my ticket with Microsoft as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments