I can't copy the subtitles of a meeting

Anonymous
2025-06-17T14:06:51+00:00

I'm used to copy the subs of a meeting in word to make a summary of the meetings using AI. But from this day, I have a pop up saying that I can't copy the selected text. I turned off my PC and started TEAMS again but it didn't work. My colleagues at the office have don't have this problem, as they can copy paste subtitles perfectly. I tried to upload a screenshot but apparently there is a problem with it.

Thank you in advance

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T17:17:43+00:00

    There is no way this has to be with security, they want to sell copilot licenses. It is awful how this is working. How an amazin tool can change in an awfull way for profit.

    This has nothing to do with security. Because people can record audio if they want :). The subtitles are not always correct anyway. It's complete nonsense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-25T00:13:58+00:00

    Having the same issue on my end, really microsoft? I litterally chose teams over any other company just because of this feature and you guys take it away? I miss Skype when we didnt have to pay extra to add AI BS

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-24T14:02:38+00:00

    The copilot license allocated in phases and possible by 2027 we should have the licence allocated. In that scenario do you have any options?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-24T13:54:18+00:00

    Hi Vy-Ng, and how would you handle when your company haven't hired Copilot? Or if your company hasn't allocated a Copilot License to you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-23T16:10:27+00:00

    Root Cause: Someone (ONE ****!!) exposed his company by making misuse of the feature, and a top dog of his company filed a complaint to MSFT for having that feature always available, threatening of suing MSFT.

    Microsoft Solution:

    • Poor Implementation: Block the feature across the board and blame "privacy". Effort: 2 Story Points ($).
    • Good Implementation: Enable a capability for Company's System Admins of toggle On/Off the ability for individual users to copy/paste contents from Live Captions, and transfer the responsibility to that to the System Admins. Effort: 200 Story Points ($$$$$).

    Guess which approach did MSFT chose? OF COURSE the one with least effort/cost. I just hope that this is the concept of agility/MVP and MSFT will roll out something better soon. Can someone find that out?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments