Can I enable automatic transcription for meetings via a policy?

Anonymous
2024-03-08T16:08:16+00:00

I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.

The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.

The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.

I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.

I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.

That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.

If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-03T16:03:11+00:00

    I think the answer is no. You can turn on the ability to allow them to create transcripts, but they still have to ... More, record and transcribe, start transcription.

    I also want to do what you're saying, even if not firmwide. I think MS just haven't turned on the ability to have transcription on as default. I'd turn my own on if I could!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-03T15:48:26+00:00

    Hi there, our company is also trying to leverage CoPilot and are trying to turn transcription on as a company policy. This would be very helpful for our company. As a step in the right direction, is there an ability to turn on this setting at the individual user setting? Similar to how a user would be able to set 'Make this a Teams meeting' as a default when they schedule a meeting, is there a place we can check a box to make all meetings a user schedules has transcription turned on? The ability to turn on globally would be preferable :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T17:46:31+00:00

    Seems like they would make this flexibility available under the Admin Center Teams/Policies. Hoping that's the way to do it, ad that makes it easy for MS to make this happen asap (turned off by default, admin needs to affirmatively activate).

    Related: one of our users reported that they saw some kind of alert that transcription is on by default. The user is pretty unspecific so I don't know what that was... does anyone know what that might've been?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T15:31:53+00:00

    Following this as well. It would be nice to enable auto-transcription via a policy for specific users. Some may want the entire company, but for me, specific people could have it, while for legal reasons, others may not. Seems like a no-brainer of a feature to add along with transcription retention policies.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-08T19:28:30+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

    Yes, you can enable automatic transcription for meetings in Microsoft Teams via a policy. This setting is a combination of a per-organizer and per-user policy, which controls whether captions and transcription features are available during playback of Teams meeting recordings. Here’s how you can enable it: T Access the Teams Admin Center: Go to your Microsoft Teams admin account. Navigate to Meeting Policies: Select Meetings > Meeting policies. Modify the Policy: Scroll down to Audio & video and toggle on Allow transcription

    Here is a link for reference: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoftteams/meeting-transcription-captions?ssp=1&setlang=en-GB&safesearch=moderate

    For more information about this feature, kindly contact the business support team as this forum is best for personal users. To do this, kindly sign in to the admin center https://admin.microsoft.com to raise a ticket that needs to be submitted by the Admin representative of the company account.

    Describe the issue and state your expected outcome then choose how you will like to be contacted either via email or call.

    Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

    Best Regards, Bambi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments