Capturing audio, video, and screen content from Teams meetings for later review or sharing
Did this work?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.
The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.
The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.
I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.
I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.
That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.
If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.
Capturing audio, video, and screen content from Teams meetings for later review or sharing
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Did this work?
Reviewing the available meeting policy settings today (it's been a while), I see that there is a separate Copilot settings that includes "On with saved transcript required" and "on with transcript saved by default". Descriptions of what they do here: Manage Microsoft 365 Copilot in Teams meetings and events - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn
I've only just enabled "on with transcript saved by default" and waiting for cloud to marinate, but would that have the desired effect?
Looking for the same, it is not practical to turn it on manually every time