Flashing Notifications for Teams

Anonymous
2023-06-02T17:11:56+00:00

Hi there,

I need to know is there a way I can get my computer to physically flash when I get a teams notification? I have ADHD and this accommodation would really help me to not miss calls in the workplace.

Please let me know ASAP,

Rachel

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-03T23:22:45+00:00

    same issue for me. The "Visual notifications" section to turn on "Flash taskbar icon for notifications" appears to be gone now. None of the notification options account for the flashing taskbar icon option.

    this option was clearly removed during an update by microsoft

    Microsoft, is there any way to get the flashing notifications back on the taskbar for MS Teams? A lot of professionals depend on it to not miss notifications. losing this feature is costing some of us time and money.

    Was this answer helpful?

    90+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-31T23:09:16+00:00

    I don't see the same options in the new version of Teams - how can I turn on the flashing taskbar?

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T20:40:01+00:00

    I REALLY need this too. When someone messages me and I can't get to it right away, I like the flashing reminder. The new teams lost this option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T21:39:45+00:00

    same here, no flashing taskbar on the "new" Teams, I've missed important comms because of it and I can't seem to find a way to set them back from the notifications settings.

    That's annoying, please resolve it quickly, thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T00:22:05+00:00

    Microsoft, please give us back the flashing option for the message notification.

    I have been missing incoming messages, and other were unable to read my messages instantly. This has defeated the purpose of us able to connect and communicate instantly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments