Why won't my Teams "Out of Office" status turn off?

Anonymous
2023-06-05T23:55:57+00:00

I set my out of office a couple weeks ago and have not been able to find a way to turn the status off. I've tried for about 4 days now. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Online status

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-12T14:19:45+00:00

    @Indhu_Rani your article was helpful.

    In my case I turned on the option to block my calendar when I was setting up the auto reply. I then returned to work a day earlier than planned. Even though I turned off the automatic reply, MS Teams appended "Out of Office" - using MS Teams calendar, I deleted the blocker that was created when I blocked my calendar, and the issue was resolved.

    Best regards,

    Sikhumbuzo

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T06:53:12+00:00

    "During your Out Of Office period, if you received a meeting invite that fell on those dates, but also extended beyond them to dates when you’d be back in the office, they will all be marked as Out of Office. You will have to remove these invites to get rid of the Out of Office status in Microsoft Teams."

    This is SO STUPID.

    Why would it be this way?

    What a terrible software Teams is, and terrible company Microsoft is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T15:44:35+00:00

    After none of the above worked for me, I was able to go into Teams, click on the top right where you would normally change status, go to duration and selected reset status after 30 min and set to 'Available'. My status immediately updated to the full green available. Hopefully it does not revert back to 'available-out of office' in 30 min....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-13T12:48:38+00:00

    thank you so much!!! this worked for me perfectly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-07T05:43:14+00:00

    Also nothing works for me. Microsoft, any help ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments