Teams meeting recording is owned by the first person who joins the call, NOT the meeting organizer. Bug?

Anonymous
2023-04-13T23:58:35+00:00

Hello,

I have a recurring meeting in which I am the meeting organizer. Recently, I enabled the "Automatically Record" option since I'm not able to attend the meetings live. These recordings are posting directly to the non-channel meeting chat, but I'm not able to remove them from the chat. When I go to the location of the recording, its address is on a personal drive of one of my colleagues (whoever joined first).

Shouldn't I/the organizers be the only ones who own the recording? Why does it default to the first person on the call?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T15:14:48+00:00

    Yeah, I've been there. I ask IT to transfer ownership of video to me when that happens. Or have a co-organizer who I know will transfer the ownership to me, usually it's the owner of the project who knows that I as project manager have to own the video.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T15:14:29+00:00

    Yeah, I've been there. I ask IT to transfer ownership of video to me when that happens. Or have a co-organizer who I know will transfer the ownership to me, usually it's the owner of the project who knows that I as project manager have to own the video.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T15:05:06+00:00

    Hi! Yes, but I’m not always able to attend the meetings and therefore wouldn’t be there to allow entry to those waiting in lobby.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T15:03:25+00:00

    I have thought about that but sometimes I am not able to get to the meeting but I have to do the recaps. So this is not always a possibility for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T14:53:08+00:00

    I have found a work around for this issue that may be helpful. Not that it makes sense. About a month or so ago I realized that Microsoft made a change so that even though I may not own the recording I can go to Sharepoint Stream and I can download the recording. I then can save the recording and distribute as I require.

    Have you used the lobby feature? You can set it to not allow people to bypass, then set it to record automatically. Once you start the meeting, then it starts recording and you own the video.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments