Mac Authentication Error Starting 8/7/2024

Anonymous
2024-08-12T19:22:40+00:00

UPDATE: I was forced to clear my OS and start over. Recovering from Time Machine brought over too many support files even when being picky. I have re-installed Teams from an old installer in a previous Time Machine entry and I am able to log in. This may not last though. This was obviously extreme and I hope you all do not have to do the same.

Teams for Mac recently updated and totally broke the functionality of Teams. I do not have connectivity to my work account at all. I had deleted all Teams file on 8/8 and reinstalled the Teams Classic which worked well. I came back to my computer later that afternoon and the new Teams had reinstalled itself. I went out of office until today and I have a repear error of "We couldn't authenticate you. This could be due to a device or network problem, or Teams could be experiencing a technical issue."

This is a Teams technical issue due to the repetitive error and my ability to sign in via iOS and web with the same credtentials on the same network, and in once case, the same machine.

Teams version 24193.1708.3043.1759

Client version 50/24071128823

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams for Mac

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T02:27:27+00:00

    Did you ever try to logout of Teams? I was able to get past this loop (at least I think) by logging out of Teams completely and then re-logging back in. That somehow instantly fixed OneDrive and it has worked all day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T02:01:06+00:00

    Same here. It was working fine and just did it AGAIN with the 'can't authenticate' error, it closed onedrive with no notification, which I now cannot get to load properly ... this is super fun, Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-18T22:23:40+00:00

    Same here (deleted/reinstalled). Worked and then stopped again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-18T12:38:15+00:00

    I had the same issue yesterday - had restarted, reinstalled Teams, all apps were current - but neither Teams or OneDrive app would authenticate.

    This morning I logged out of Teams and was able to log back in. Onedrive was still locked out, and trying to exit the app didn't even work. I restarted after the logging in /out of Teams and both applications worked.

    Not sure if this was a fix on Microsoft's side overnight, but if you are still having the issue, try logging out of Teams and re-logging in. It forced me to re-enter a password and didn't even have it saved for me when I re-logged in, for whatever that is worth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T16:28:58+00:00

    This lines up with the release of Mac OS 14.6. I doubt 14.6.1 would have this fix in place. I'm still stuck if you needed that info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments