Video not working on my end only in new Teams Beta

Anonymous
2023-08-10T18:09:22+00:00
  • I have 2 computers, a desktop and a laptop.
  • Teams works great on the old version on both machines.
  • Teams Beta works on the laptop, but not correctly on my desktop (same tenant, same network, which eliminates several possible issues)
  • On my desktop when using the new Teams Beta:
    • Video works when configuring my settings and when launching a new meeting I see video preview fine, before others join.
    • When others join audio works perfectly, but I only see black instead of their video, and my video is frozen in the top right corner of the window. But everyone else on the call sees my video fine, so the camera is working.
    • If I share a desktop or window on my computer their video minimizes to the the lower right corner of my monitor as expected, and I can see their video!

Summary, on this machine only, when trying to have a video call in the new Teams Beta, I see only black with a frozen image of myself when the video started in the top right corner of the window. Everyone else can see me fine.

No errors, everything seems to be working for everyone else, but I am just unable to use the beta and I'd love to as I do use multiple tenants.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-02-09T19:34:05+00:00

Open your services, see if you have Nahimic service running. If so, stop and disable the service. Then kill and restart teams and that fixed the issue for me

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T22:29:55+00:00

    This fixed it for me... FINALLY! Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T15:02:56+00:00

    Same issue here -- beyond frustrating that it's not been addressed by this point. I'm a consultant with multiple clients so multi-tenant login was an absolute gamechanger for me, but it's rendered useless due to this issue. Have to join meetings through the browser in the meantime.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T12:34:03+00:00

    It worked for some minutes. I even could join a meet. But the second meet I had, Teams failed again. Nahimic is not working at all :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T08:51:04+00:00

    Yes, thank you that fixed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments