Teams Flickering when joining from Outlook calendar

Anonymous
2023-07-25T17:35:39+00:00

macOS

Teams version 1.6.00.19303-E (updated 7/21/2023)

Outlook version 16.75.1 (23071400)

Many users experiencing an issue where Teams will flicker non-stop when joining a meeting from the Outlook calendar if Teams is not already open.

Will have to force quit Teams application, then reopen Teams separately.

Clearing MS Teams cache doesn't fix the issue.

Only work around is to either join directly from Teams calendar, or open Teams first, then join from Outlook calendar.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-27T05:12:27+00:00

    I have just done a quick test, and it looks like the issue may have been resolved. I did not change versions as I was already on the latest version and no further updates have been released.

    When I first joined a meeting today it flickered a little and then stopped, now when I join subsequent meetings even with the app closed there is no flickering. I guess this may have been something they fixed server side, which is why no update to the app was needed.

    I have not yet tested it on other Macs, but it's now working on mine. I did update to 13.6, so that cloud have also resolved the issue I guess.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T23:22:55+00:00

    same problem and it is September 26th. The response you gave is a non-answer.

    Should my office switch to zoom or google meeting?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T19:29:33+00:00

    Mac OS 13.5.2

    Outlook 16.77.1

    Yes, my IT department opened a ticket.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T19:22:45+00:00

    What Mac OS are you running and Outlook? Have you opened a ticket with MS yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T16:23:59+00:00

    I'm running 1.6.00.24065 and it is definitely not fixed for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments