Teams Flickering when joining from Outlook calendar

Anonymous
2023-07-25T17:35:39+00:00

macOS

Teams version 1.6.00.19303-E (updated 7/21/2023)

Outlook version 16.75.1 (23071400)

Many users experiencing an issue where Teams will flicker non-stop when joining a meeting from the Outlook calendar if Teams is not already open.

Will have to force quit Teams application, then reopen Teams separately.

Clearing MS Teams cache doesn't fix the issue.

Only work around is to either join directly from Teams calendar, or open Teams first, then join from Outlook calendar.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T16:16:33+00:00

    This issue has been fixed by MS if you are running at least 1.6.00.2215 - 1.6.00.24065. Our ticket with them was escalated to the Product team which we received a request to quit Teams and relaunch then test again. As of yesterday I ran all successful tests on the 4 laptops that were running different Teams version and it was resolved.

    I am not sure what they did to fix it, but I am glad its working for our users now. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-25T13:41:17+00:00

    It maybe associated with not being logged in?

    There is a window behind that says loading teams.

    If you manage to get to the sign in screen, mine crashed when I entered username, but when I restarted Team I got the authorise using authenticator dialogue. After I authenticated it seemed to behave better.

    Not had an actual meeting (since) as yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-25T13:25:30+00:00

    Same issue on multiple Macs.

    Even Fresh Install (25 Sept 2023) on brand new Mac today. Same Issue.

    Force Quit.

    On another Mac I tried to open team NOT from a link, then I tried to look at "About" for version number, the screen ping-pong (side-to-side window sliding transition) between two windows until it crashes. Is it trying to go full screen?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-25T08:09:19+00:00

    Thanks a lot! This solved my issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-21T02:16:40+00:00

    This does not solve the problem... Not helpful...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments