Microsoft Teams Says There's No Connection - There Is

Anonymous
2020-04-14T15:41:31+00:00

I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

There is also an error message: 

"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-15T12:44:03+00:00

    I can get in online. That is a great start! Thank you. If nothing else, I can work with that.

    However, in the App, after I turned off the Firewall in my Domain and Private Network settings (not Public) I still get the same error saying "we couldn't connect to the internet."

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T18:56:39+00:00

    Same problem. Super irritating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T16:08:02+00:00

    I had a similar issue and was able to fix by going to the task manager, closing all Teams processes, and restarting the Teams app.  Hope this helps a few other people who have this issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T14:28:50+00:00

    I can't believe you are recommending people turn off their firewall on their device to access Teams... Please do not follow this advice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-04T21:50:33+00:00

    I had this issue this morning as well. I could get to teams .microsoft.com from firefox but not from the Teams client. Tried with Edge - also failed. Problem for me was the the System Proxy settings were messed up. Firefox uses it's own proxy settings so was fine. Edge and Chrome both use system proxy so were borked. Reset those settings and now it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments