MS Teams - Finding out who removed a participant from a meeting call

Anonymous
2020-03-23T13:04:06+00:00

Title pretty much explains what I want to do. Some people, including myself, were kicked from a call and we want to find out who did. I searched for a while but couldn't find out how to do it so now I am here. Maybe I missed something.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for education | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-24T02:23:10+00:00

Hi Kerim,

Thank you for post and the request.

For this issue, in teams meeting, other participants can remove or mute other members if they are willing to. Except for the meeting organizer, you can't remove the organizer.

We are sorry current there is no setting and configuration to set permission for the participant who allowed to remove participants or doing kind of things. We recommend you could post your requests or any related topics at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/ and post your concern. We believe the request will be notified by the related teams and hope this new features will coming soon. 

We understand such issue for sure bring inconvenience to you and hope you could understand it, appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

George

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-03T17:13:26+00:00

    This is such a terrible feature of Teams. I can't understand why this feature is available and if it is necessary, why can't the offender be tracked? If there is a legitimate reason for removing someone, then everyone can know who did it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-04T05:04:45+00:00

    Hi, I managed to solve this problems. Unfortunately this solution does not work on meetings linked to channels. You need to create a new meeting from your calendar and follow the steps explained in this video:-

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAG9W4x02x8

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-28T10:34:58+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-27T15:03:20+00:00

    !!!!!!!!Students possessing the ability to remove other participants from meetings is very frustrating as the teacher.  This issue needs to be addressed ASAP!!  There is no way I can continue for 5 more weeks like this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments