Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T16:59:21+00:00

    I have the same issue. Mine is a work account, we switched to outlook about a year ago. For several months, no problem. All of the sudden in the last month when I set up meetings, Teams doesn't recognize me as the owner and I can't start the meeting. I've tried everything I've read in the chats all over google and found no solve so far. Has Microsoft figured this problem out and I've missed it? It's soooooooo frustrating!!! Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T17:06:58+00:00

    Same exact problem here, so frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T15:14:30+00:00

    The best fix I have found is to set up or view calls from the calendar of the Teams App rather than Outlook, then open from the Teams Calendar rather than from Outlook. That seems to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T14:03:50+00:00

    I am a student and I'm always getting kicked out of teams and it is SOOOOOOOO annoying. And to make things worse, It always says someone in the meeting will let you in soon. I CAN'T DO THIRD GRADE LIKE THIS!! Please remove it so I can rejoin easily and not be tardy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-19T23:34:36+00:00

    Same issue.  I hope there is a good notice when this is fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments