Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T14:19:21+00:00

    Fully agree. Teams login processes remain awful if you have multiple accounts. It's inconsistent between browser and native app, some accounts don't get listed, you cannot start your own meetings, the list goes on. One cannot trust Microsoft Teams when having a conference call. I have to say Zoom is so much slicker and easier. I fear this is yet another example fo Microsoft "bloatware"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-05T19:44:28+00:00

    I no longer have this issue. The problem, apparently, is the interface with Outlook. If I create the meeting in Outlook on the Outlook calendar using the Teams button, I have the problem where I can't join my own meeting. I suspect it has something to do with multiple email accounts connected to Outlook and then when I start the meeting, Teams defaults to the wrong account. The solution, which is relatively simple, is to schedule the meeting on the Teams calendar. Then, when it is time to join the meeting, join it through the Teams calendar. Skip Outlook for all scheduling and for the meeting itself. The meeting still will appear on the Outlook calendar; but Outlook is not particularly functional for creating or joining meetings where you have more than one account. I have been problem free on this for a year. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-02T20:49:06+00:00

    Same issue.

    Have used GoToMeeting for years.

    Meetings 2 or 3 times a week.

    We are migrating to Teams.  (Corporate mandate).

    Very frustrating.

    The best workaround for this is to book the meetings through Teams and not Outlook. If you have multiple accounts in Outlook, that is what causes the problem. The meeting appears to get booked under the ownership of the default account and if that’s not the same account as the meeting profile then that’s when you can’t get in. It’s a pain .... but that’s the best workaround I’ve found.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-10T17:51:52+00:00

    what s the point of a teams add on in outook then... they always make things super complicated.... Seriously...it s a pain to work with it compared to otherfile sharing systems. Even add the calendar button is a pain to add and still can't do it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T15:22:45+00:00

    Agreed.  I've redone my meetings that way until I hear from Microsoft that it's fixed.  Has worked perfectly doing so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments