Multiple windows for MS Teams?

Anonymous
2019-10-10T14:11:14+00:00

Why doesn't MS Teams support multiple windows?  It stands to reason that if you are on multiple chats, editing a file, and trying to join a meeting, you don't want to leave each ongoing action behind to go to the next, and shuffle around try to find where you left off in each section later.  Even separate windows for chat would be a huge help, or allowing a meeting to launch a new window outside of Teams and leave whatever you were working on in the original window.  Most people use multiple windows and multiple monitors to multi-task, and I'm surprised that the only way Teams seems to allow this is to run some of your windows out of a browser?  Is there help coming to make this a more productive tool?  This feels like a downgrade from Skye for Business...

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-29T12:11:11+00:00

    The current design is really problematic, especially if you want to multi-task during a call.

    Anyone who as ever used it can see this.

    How has this not been fixed yet? (at least not on Mac)

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-27T09:24:38+00:00

    I swear this is the dumbest fudging shiet I've seen in a long-äss time. It's 2020, and a web-based app doesn't support multiple-fudging-tabs. We're minimizing functionality to that of mobile devices. What the fudge is going on Microsoft? This behavior is actively sabotaging my productivity and it's incredibly annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-29T11:41:49+00:00

    Here is the correct link. It had been double pasted, so just removed the second half.

    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16926739-multi-window-for-chats-and-more

    Good news is that it is being developed, and we should get early this year.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-30T17:12:55+00:00

    I was looking for how to open up multiple windows in Teams and came across this discussion.

    I understand that MS is working on a way to pop out chats separate from teams, but I still need multiple windows open at a time for enhanced functionality.  The chat feature is kind of a mess right now.  I'm getting meeting chats from meetings I've declined.  I'm missing 1:1 chats from my colleagues. 

    I'd also like to be on a Teams meeting/call and separately be able to open up a Teams window so I can look at that content and simultaneously view the content being shared in the Teams meetings.  This would allow me to be able to make comments from the other Teams window content I'm viewing to the meeting I'm currently viewing. 

    Despite the fact that some people are using mobile devices, I would say the mass majority of workers are working from laptops.  As I'm writing this, I'm working on a large screen monitor and have my laptop window open and have multiple window of content open.  Just can't do this in Teams which makes this platform not efficient for doing day to day work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-07T18:40:44+00:00

    I am moving over from skype (which I love)  with skype I always had the IM open in a separate screen as we use it for primary communication amongst my team and team mates and for files we has separate tabs from the SharePoint files.   The idea of teams having everything in one place is super handy and I like the app and will eventually get used to it but I while working in other areas I am missing chats that are coming in.  many are time determinate.    If I could have the chat tab in a separate window that would be awesome and the work flow would be far better.  I have like mentioned other places on the net, opened a separate teams occurrence in a separate browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments