MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T16:18:21+00:00

    Thank god I found a fix. I had tried everything.

    Here's how to fix it. Priviously with the 3's, you could go in your drivers or in your device and disable the Hands-Free option. Now ith the 4's and Windows 11, you basicly only have to go to : Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers.

    There you'll find you headphones. Right click, properties -> bluetooth and disable the hands-free option.

    For some reason, even tough the hands-free devices are disabled, the device still has the option enable so microsoft was trying to connect to that service. Took me so much time to find this !

    Worked! Thank you Philippe.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-06T10:55:50+00:00

    Reset of my WF-1000XM4 and restarting the PC solved the issue for me. Everything works fine with hands-free (microphone and speakers):

    https://www.sony.de/electronics/support/articles/00250089

    https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wf-1000xm4/articles/00264029

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T02:45:58+00:00

    Based on everything I read here, I believe the main issue is linked to the mobile phone app.

    I ran some tests, and I couldn't completely remove my XM5 from my PC without first removing it from the App on my phone.

    *I agree that this is something Sony needs to look at.

    But, as a workaround, I recommend completely removing the Headset from your PC and turning off the feature to change between devices quickly.

    After finishing the steps above, re-connect your headset to PC by Bluetooth, and you should have it working again.

    That's what worked for me, and as a plus for you, read until here:

    I tried to disable space sound and some features on W11, and didn't go well. The headset started to reproduce many noises instead of the audio, plus the volume was a bit decreased, so it was better to keep that on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-25T07:20:45+00:00

    You are a hero. This fixed it!

    For windows 10:

    • Go to "Devices and printer".
    • Right-click the WF-1000XM4 phones.
    • Go to tab "Services".
    • Uncheck the Handsfree Telephony.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more