Missing icon breakout rooms

Anonymous
2021-01-08T12:40:54+00:00

Hi, 

I'm a teacher using a teams account connected with the school! When I start a meeting in Teams I can't see the icon for the use of breakoutrooms. I checked the microsoft guide for working with the breakout rooms, but I can't get the icon to appear in the meeting. I checked my settings according to the guide and it should work. 

Some tips on how to get the icon in would be much appreciated! :) 

Cheers!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-10T14:12:49+00:00

    So far, the only "solution" has been to close Teams, rename (or delete) your local Teams cache folder (C:*username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams) and start Teams again. I'll recreate the folder and you should get the new meeting experience.

    (I've got a support ticket open with the product team to hopefully find a better solution.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-03T15:11:23+00:00

    I am similarly curious: do all Teams accounts—paid as well as free—have breakout rooms available? If not, how can I purchase a subscription of some sort that enables breakout rooms?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-20T12:17:29+00:00

    I have the breakout rooms icon missing as well as the "Turn on new meeting experience" option within General settings

    please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-19T13:21:04+00:00

    Update: we have now found out that it does not work for all users who have installed teams as .msi on their company devices. Apparently, it works with the installation in the user profile. Probably a problem in the .MSI version? Can you confirm someone? thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-12T08:57:22+00:00

    Hi Sabine,

    Greetings.

    I would like to double confirm if you are the meeting organizer? Only meeting organizers can create breakout rooms.

    And we can only setup breakout rooms **during an active meeting.**I suggest you schedule a new test private meeting to see the results.

    Besides, may I know the difference between meetings with the icon and meetings without the icon?

    Best Regards,

    Linda

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments