Export chat from a Teams meeting

Anonymous
2020-07-02T19:42:24+00:00

Please can  you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-08T14:26:36+00:00

    Thanks for the tip, but it's not working for me.

    I still only get the chat back a few days.

    I suppose if I'm only looking to capture a recent chat then it would be more helpful.

    My problem is when I want to go back a long time through a chat with someone who has shared images and instructions, and I want to put that into something like a Word document for safe-keeping and long-term reference. I would like to copy/paste many days worth of discussion, and then clear out the content I don't need, and save the document.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-12T21:15:48+00:00

    Hmmm...

    Maybe it's simpler because I'm on a Mac.

    1. Select the pieces of the chat you want to capture
    2. Copy
    3. Paste into wherever

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-18T17:29:46+00:00

    Doesn't copy pictures...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-28T19:41:39+00:00

    Im shutting dow the whole account anthony jia sides

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more