Export chat from a Teams meeting

Anonymous
2020-07-02T19:42:24+00:00

Please can  you tell me how to export a chat that went on during a 4 hour teams meeting? It is too long to copy and paste screen by screen and I need to be able to copy it into a word document. Control A doesn't work and neither does holding the mouse down and trying to copy it all.

Thanks.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-31T14:43:05+00:00

    Yes, that link is broken. 😢

    Further, I searched the Feedback forum for copy paste and found 50 items.

    I suppose we should all go there and find the one or 2 items that we find useful for our own concerns and upvote them.

    The one that spoke to me most had 0 votes so far.

    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/7741683c-1d5c-ed11-a81b-000d3a7e4185

    Please all go there and upvote it before it disappears! 😭

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-13T08:58:41+00:00

    Hi everyone,

    I'm running the Teams app on Apple Mac.

    I found the meeting in the channel posts.

    Clicked on three dots at top right corner of the original meeting invite message.

    'Share to Outlook' worked!!

    All chat messages including profile photos, web-links shared etc all transcribed into an email in the same format as displayed in the Teams app 👍

    Hope you all can get this sorted too

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-10T12:37:16+00:00

    Ha, ha, ha. I totally agree.
    But, from past experience, I didn't really expect it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-13T15:49:09+00:00

    I feel like the solution here is for someone to take this on as a coding challenge:

    1. Find out where the content is stored. (It has to be somewhere!)
    2. Copy to a download file or the clipboard.

    Any takers?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-27T16:49:09+00:00

    Interestingly, emoticons do show up when pasting plain text into Notepad.

    This also results in a lot of additional/unwanted information. Such as:

    Profile picture of (User Name 1). -- (Part of a message)... by (User Name 1)

    (User Name 1) Today at 10:15 AM

    (Full Message)

    If a user replies to another users message, it gets even more convoluted.

    Also, if I Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, I only get the visible slice of the message being copied - not the entire chat history.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments