Already installed 2021-10 .NET 5.0.11 Security Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client tries and fails

Anonymous
2021-12-09T02:20:22+00:00

I am getting Install Error - 0x80070643 on Windows 11 (22000.348). The update [2021-10 .NET 5.0.11 Security Update for Windows 11 for x64 Client (KB5007051)] is already installed. It downloaded the update successfully this evening. Retry results with the same error.

I tried Trouble shoot > Update wizard. It indicated it corrected an error without any specifics. But it did not resolve the problem.

I encountered the same problem on a Windows 10 computer last month or so. I saw on the forum that it was a Microsoft Update Catalog bug. Recommendation was to be patient at the time. The problem disappeared after few days by itself.

Thanks for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-12-10T15:23:50+00:00

I once saw a posting that indicated that MS has a tool (which can be downloaded) to stop specific updates coming up (again and again). I would appreciate it much if somebody has information about it and can share with us.

The MS tool to disable specific updates goes by the name wushowhide and can be downloaded from here: https://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-17T15:28:02+00:00

    Hi @IbrahimKonuk,

    the problem that we're getting seems to have been fixed (presumably my MS) for me. Earlier this week Windows Update again said that KB5007051 was ready to install. I ignored it and on 15th I got prompted with a completely new set of updates: KB890830, KB5009193, KB5009194 and KB5008212. The first three installed that day. KB5008212, however, took a couple of days to fully install but with no problem. Anyway, as I said, it seems like this problem seems to be fixed (for me at least). Now we wit for the next time.

    Hope it's fixed for you too.

    Kind regards,

    RobDev

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-15T12:59:44+00:00

    this issue,

    2021-12 .NET 6.0.1 Security Update for x64 Client (KB5009191)

    Install error - 0x80070643

    was resolved with a Visual Studio upgrade to 17.0.3 which just became available on my system this morning

    Currently I have no remaining update issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments