Me too. Brand new laptop. All new installations. I hate W11 already. W10 was/is much better.
The error “The specified module could not be found” happening in Windows 11
Upgraded one of my desktop PCs to Windows 11. I have a 2nd desktop still running Windows 10
On the Windows 11 desktop the “The specified module could not be found” error occurs. I notice that the error happens when attempting to access a jpeg or mp4
The error can be fixed in cmd window with these commands
C:\Windows\system32> gpupdate /force
C:\Windows\system32> sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
C:\Windows\system32> sfc /scannow
C:\Windows\system32> exit
Restart
Unfortunately, the error eventually re-occurs on my Windows 11 desktop.
This error has never occurred on my Windows 10 desktop.
So, I'm beginning to think that this may be a "Windows 11" bug
Anyone else getting this error?
If so, have you found a permanent solution?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-07-02T23:06:19+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-05-03T20:54:37+00:00 The error comes and goes a bug in Microsoft's New movie app. Simple restart pf explorer or laptop. Till that bug gets fixed I have switched over to vlc player till the bugs get fixed
Yes I know. Just restarting the PC isn't solve it for me, that's why I asked the question to all of you...
So, it is (temporarily) fixed just by restarting explorer? Interesting....
I noticed that explorer crashes a lot (don't know why yet). I also don't get what the link is between explorer and the MS photo app: Why is it solved when restarting explorer?!
-
Anonymous
2022-04-01T16:27:40+00:00 Thanks for your update - I'll be watching - the error has not reappeared on my desktop since 11-Mar - don't really know why...
-
Anonymous
2022-03-11T19:15:54+00:00 Thanks for the fix
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage
I haven't been getting the error for a few weeks now, the last time it happened it went away after I did a full system Norton scan, there has also been a few Win11 updates
I'll try this if the error starts happening again...