Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key

Anonymous
2022-01-23T12:03:22+00:00

Hello,

I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and will not activate caps lock or type special characters. This is not a hardware issue as it disappears when using Windows 10. Can I please have a solution for this as this highly impacts my work flow and is very annoying.

Thank you very much

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-27T11:51:12+00:00

    The problem also occurs with the left Ctrl button. The right Ctrl button works as expected.

    What a mess!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-07T01:59:00+00:00

    I have had issues with the SHIFT keys myself on my Dell / Windows11. At first it seemed to be intermittent but after a while it became a permanent issue. I have fixed my issues by doing a hard reset. See video below to find out how to do this.

    How to do a hard reset on your system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwn_E6Fq5z8

    This video has been provided to me by Dell when I contacted their support team.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-16T18:17:34+00:00

    Well... I'm confused... Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. After much trial and error, it seems to be working now, but I don't know why.

    I have both the 22.130.0.2 driver from Dell, and the 22.150.0.6 from Intel installed. In device manager, Bluetooth, I can select the Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) device and change the driver. I had originally removed 22.150.0.6 from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. That allowed me to install the Dell driver. They both appear to work.

    I did find one post on a Dell site that said to delete and re-add the pen from the Bluetooth devices. I've done that multiple times. What I've noticed is that my pen still works after deleting it. I can select text and move windows around. What doesn't work is the button on the end of the pen. That appears to require Bluetooth.

    I also noticed that the icon for Pen & Windows Ink Settings is showing in the system tray icons. I don't think that it was always there. When you have the problem, does that show up? You can enable that in the taskbar settings. https://tencomputer.com/use-pen-windows-ink-on-windows-10/

    I wish I had a good answer for everyone who has this problem. Sorry. If you don't use the pen much, it looks like you can just delete it from your Bluetooth devices. That way you can leave Bluetooth itself turned on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-05-17T12:15:44+00:00

    It goes away when I turn off bluetooth? Idk if that's something you might have already tried but so far that's what works for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-25T19:05:02+00:00

    Hey BNXH,

    Have you been able to find a solution for this? I have also had the issue, reinstalled, and then it came back after a couple months

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments