"Try Connecting Your Device Again" bluetooth pairing error for Windows 11

Anonymous
2022-09-17T04:27:50+00:00

Hello, thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

I have a new computer with a fresh install of Windows 11 64bit. I am unable to pair Bluetooth devices. I have tried both an XBox One controller and an Asus Keris Wireless mouse- both have the same problem. When I try to add the device the system shows the device in the list of things I can select and when I click the device it thinks for a bit then says "Try connecting your device again". When I try connecting again it gives me the same error.

I have confirmed that my bluetooth is both present and on.

All drivers appear to be up-to-date.

Both devices I've tried have worked fine when plugged in directly via USB.

I have also tried using a secondary USB bluetooth dongle but even with the newest driver manually installed I am still getting the following error:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

I have also tried running the "Find and repair Bluetooth" troubleshooting program and have followed all instructions- still nothing. It keeps going to the "Check the bluetooth radio status" and declaring it fixed. No other diagnostics seem to run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is pretty frustrating.

UPDATE: I didn't think I needed to attach the antenna for WIFI but apparently I did. If you're having a hard time with bluetooth, try attaching your antenna.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-11-30T01:58:39+00:00

I had the same issues with my new PC build. I am using an ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO motherboard.

What resolved the issue for me is connecting the Wi-Fi antenna that came in the box for the motherboard. My antenna came with 2 connectors, and I plugged both in. My Bluetooth mouse paired immediately, and I was able to see more Bluetooth devices on the add a Bluetooth device list than I was able to previously.

According to Intel, some Bluetooth chipsets are using the Wi-Fi antenna to function: What is the antenna connector functionality for Intel® Wireless...

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-27T13:11:44+00:00

    For me it was related to the bluetooth services, the bluetooth support service in particular.

    Make sure it's running (obviously). When it didn't run I could not discover any bluetooth devices.

    To get rid of the "Try Connecting Your Device Again" error, I had to set "Log On" (a tab under properties) to "LOCAL SERVICE".

    You can find it under browse -> advanced -> find now -> local service.

    Credits to this guide for pointing me in the right direction (also with pictures) https://appuals.com/fix-bluetooth-couldnt-connect-on-windows-10/

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-24T18:29:32+00:00

    This right here solved my issue! after an hour and a half on the phone with ASUS support and a long night of frustration I never would've expected a simple fix. Thank you so much!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-02T18:15:34+00:00

    Connecting the WiFi antenna fixed the issue for me too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T13:54:37+00:00

    Hi, sorry, I've been busy and have run into a few issues.

    The biggest problem seems to have stemmed from updating my BIOS. The methods explained by my motherboard provider did not seem to work- either I was doing them wrong (more likely) or there was a defect with my hardware.

    In either case, I have not been able to update my BIOS as recommended. I am very interested to see what the response is to ukio's comment because that might help me out as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments