Speech to text not working - Message something went wrong Error Code 0x80049dd3

Anonymous
2022-09-06T17:44:51+00:00

When I try to use my MIC for speech to text I continually get this message and the message box "locks up" on screen!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T09:33:04+00:00

    I have tried Speech input the first time, WIN+H in a new eMail - and failed with the same Error Code. Very bad WINDOWS experience. On Apple speech input works reliable since many many years. Poor MICROSOFT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-07T21:09:16+00:00

    We have a user experiencing the same issue. same error message

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-07T19:28:25+00:00

    same voice typing issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-07T17:22:49+00:00

    Same issue here. I really need this function for my day to day tasks. Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-07T13:29:28+00:00

    Same issue, was working and stopped sometime last week.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments