Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022

Anonymous
2022-08-11T14:21:43+00:00

For the past two days I have tried to setup a new Microsoft account. However I keep getting stuck in a loop. To rule out something in the computer I'm using, I have tried on 5 different computers in three different states. The results from the past couple of days have been the same. Extremely hard puzzle, that you have to pick two identical objects out of 7 times. After completing this seven times, I have to start over again.

I have been researching the issue from past KB articles. I have tried to complete the puzzle from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, with no luck. I have tried from four different IP addresses in three different states. I have tried from incognito mode. I have tried from a brand new PC with out the updates. I have tried from an older PC with all the updates. I have tried from a new PC before the updates. Let it be known that I'm not trying the create the same account in different locations. So the account creation name has been different each time I have tried to create a new username, so I know it's not a black listed issue. In conclusion I have spent nearly 3 hours on trying to make this work. This is defiantly a Microsoft issue that needs to be addressed.

Also note that the product category to choose from to post this problem does not exist. Product category for this issue should be "Account". So I'm posting this in Windows since we are being forced to use Microsoft Accounts in operating systems and for Office product keys. I'm also choosing Windows 10 and the topic of Performance and System issues as this is a system issue!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-18T22:19:18+00:00

    HOW CAN MICROSOFT SCREW THIS UP? COME ON!!!! I have taken the test 5 times now, and even passed it once but it still made me take the test again. Some of the choices simply do not have any single tiles with 2 identical shapes--this must be a bug by Microsoft, their algo is supposed to drop in a tile with 2 identical shapes as you see above, top left but on the real test something like this may not exist!!!

    UPDATE I passed the visual one 3 times and the audio one once, and it slammed me back to the start of the test. Giving up! Nice work Microsoft, your shareholders could have had more big data to sell, now you don't.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-11T14:33:16+00:00

    I also want to add that I have tried the work around of using the Audio method.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-19T05:49:19+00:00

    Same problem. I probably spent 45 minutes before I somehow managed to get verified. Some of the screens have no squares with identical objects! I had to take it over and over and over, and I am not feeling particularly warm and fuzzy toward Microsoft now. Do they not have anyone even test these before they put them online? Furious.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-19T15:35:41+00:00

    I would normally say they don't care, they don't have to care, but here, they are taking food off their own table. This is very unlike MS--when it comes to making money, they usually pour a gallon of gas on the fire. Sure they will take your $500 and provide **** to no support for things they want you to get rid of, like an old 2016 server that keeps blue screening, but this is puzzling (pun intented) as from what I read it's a business market they are trying hard to expand. BTW I tried the audio test, which is oddly time consuming (you have to listen to 21 sound clips!) and passed it, but after that, got "endless spin" and never got a chance to sign up. Uncle! I give up!! The sign up app is butt, MS should have hired a different PhD to run this part of their business, and someone should have fed the damn hamster.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-19T16:36:21+00:00

    As of Tuesday (8-16-22) I starting getting the easier puzzle and again yesterday (8-18-22) upon creating a Microsoft account, another easy puzzle. I'm not sure why sometimes the impossible puzzles and then sometimes easy puzzles. When I was researching this before there was other complaints from as early as 2016. So every time I researched this I got an older thread. Would like to also comment about the care level, but don't want my post to disappear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments